Terms & Conditions for the Grand Canyon Sweepstake (the “Competition”)
- The Competition is organised and run by Deckers Europe Limited as the brand TEVA® (“TEVA”), who can be contacted at 130 Shaftesbury Avenue, London W1D 5EU.
- By entering this Competition, you agree to these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) and any decisions reached by TEVA, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Competition.
- The Competition starts at 9am GMT on Thursday 11 April 2019 and ends 5:00pm GMT on Wednesday 01 May 2019 (the “Competition Period”).
Who can enter this Competition?
- Participants must be legal residents of the UK or Netherlands with a UK or Netherlands postal address and aged 18 or over at the time of entry.
- The Competition is not open to directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of TEVA, its franchises or licensees, its advertising and promotion agencies, any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by TEVA, or any supplier of goods or services in connection with the Competition, or the spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members of such connected individuals.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. TEVA reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants and disqualify a participant for submitting false information.
How does the Competition work?
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition and a purchase does not improve your odds of winning. The odds of winning depend upon the number of entries.
- Entry to the Competition is free. To enter the Competition, participants must complete and submit the online entry form on either TEVA’s UK website at http://www.teva.co.uk or TEVA’s European website at http://teva-EU.com (“TEVA Websites”) (“Entry”) (being “Entries” when referred to in the plural). For the avoidance of doubt, only forms with all required fields completed will be considered an Entry. Automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of Entry are prohibited.
- Each participant must not enter the Competition more than once.
- Receipt of Entries will not be acknowledged.
- All Entries will become the property of TEVA upon submission.
All Entries must be received by TEVA during the Competition Period or they will be void. TEVA will not accept responsibility for:
- Competition Entries that are lost, mislaid, incomplete, invalid, misdirected, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, electronic, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind, and all such Entries will be disqualified; or
- Any change in dates, times or cancellations or other arrangements that may prevent a winner from accepting, taking or using a prize.
- After the expiration of the Competition Period one (1) winner will be selected at random using a random number generator computer process from all valid Entries received. The winner will be selected on 2 May 2019 (the “Draw Date”).
- The winner will be notified via email from the TEVA EMEA Marketing Manager to the email address provided in the Entry within ten business days of the Draw Date (the “Notification Email”).
- The Prize must be claimed by direct reply to the Notification Email within five (5) business days of notification. Failure to do so will result in the forfeit of the Prize and an alternative winner will be chosen in accordance with clause 3(g).
- If an Entry is invalid or if the winner is found to be ineligible or fails to comply with the Terms, then the winner may, in TEVA’s sole discretion, be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with clause 3(g).
- The decision of TEVA regarding any aspect of the Competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
What is the prize?
- There will be one (1) winner (the “Winner”).
The Winner will be entitled to receive:
- two tickets forreturn flights (economy class) for the Winner and the Winner’s guest from the Winner’s closest major airport to Las Vegas, Nevada (the “Flights”);
- hotel accommodation for two individuals (Winner and Winner’s guest) for two nights in Las Vegas, Nevada at a hotel of TEVA’s choosing (the “Hotel”);
- an all-inclusive Grand Canyon ranch and raft/camping trip for two nights for Winner and Winner’s guest (“Camping Trip”);
- Grand Canyon National Park entrance fee for Winner and Winner’s guest;
- helicopter ride for Winner and Winner’s guest; and
- one pair each of TEVA shoes of unlimited value for the Winner and Winner’s guest, to be selected at Winner and guest’s option from all shoes available for purchase on the TEVA Websites and to be notified to the TEVAEMEA Marketing Manager (the “Shoes”). The Shoes must be claimed by notifying the TEVA EMEA Marketing Manager within 30 days of receipt of the Notification Email.
(together the “Prize”).
- The Prize shall include airport transfers to and from McCarran International Airportor any other Las Vegas airport in relation to which the Flights are booked, and the transfers to and from the Hotel to the Camping Trip.
- The Winner and the Winner’s guest must be available to travel between Thursday 22 August 2019 to Monday 26 August 2019 (the “Travel Dates”). The Winner and the Winner’s guest must be 18 years or older at the time of travel.
- The Winner shall be responsible for any and all local, state and/or federal taxes, excluding any hotel tourist taxes, and all other costs and expenses not specified in the Terms as being awarded, including, without limitation, travel, meals, gratuities, shop purchases, incidentals, telephone calls or other personal expenses or charges incurred. The Winner and guest shall be responsible for obtaining insurance, including but not limited to health and travel insurance, at their option and hereby acknowledge that TEVA shall not be responsible for obtaining or providing such insurance.
- As far as possible, the Prize will be issued by 30 May 2019 to the Winner by email to the address specified by the Winner in the Entry or, at the Winner’s option, by post to an address subsequently notified by the Winner to TEVA.Where items of the Prize are not capable of being issued before 30 May, TEVA will ensure that such Prize items are issued to the Winner as soon as reasonably practical following this date.
- The Prizeis non-transferable and non-exchangeable. The Prize is for personal use only and is not for resale. Prizes may be forfeited in the event thatTEVA determines that the Prize is being misused. TEVA reserves the right to substitute the Prize or any part of the Prize with a prize of an equal or greater value in its absolute discretion. No cash substitutions will be provided.
- By entering the contest, each participant warrants that he or she has read, understands and agrees to abide by these Terms. The Terms will be available throughout the duration of the Competition Period at: here.
- By entering the contest, each participant warrants that he or she understands that the Prize involves elements of strenuous physical exertion and exercise and that it is the participant’s responsibility to judge their level of physical capabilities for such activities.
- TEVA may request that theWinner participates in reasonable post-event publicity.The Winner is not under any obligation to participate.
- TEVA may contact participants using the email address supplied in Entry for administrative purposes relating to this Competition.
- TEVA reserves the right to amend the rules of the Competition, to withdraw the Competition at any time if circumstances beyond its control make this unavoidable, or to cancel the Prize or any part of the Prize in the event of non-compliance with these Terms.
- Any cancellation or changes will be posted on the relevant competition page at here.
- With the exception of liability which cannot be excluded by law, TEVA is not liable for, and you release TEVA from, liabilities relating to any direct or indirect loss or damage which is suffered, as a result of entering the Competition, failing to win, winning, accepting or using a Prize.
- If you require any help or have any enquiries relating to these Terms, please contact TEVA at the address above.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.